Li is an associate professor at Hainan University. Previously, he was a researcher at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, under the supervision of Prof. Daniel Xiapu Luo. He also works closely with Prof. Ting Chen. He received his PhD in Computer Science from Hong Kong Polytechnic University, MSc in Information Security from Chinese Academy of Sciences under the supervision of Prof. Yuqing Zhang, and BSc in Information Security from Central South University under the supervision of Prof. Guojun Wang. His current research interests include Blockchain/Mobile/System Security and Privacy, Ethereum/Smart Contract, Software Engineering, and Static/Dynamic Program Analysis. He received best paper awards from INFOCOM'18, ISPEC'17, CCF'18, and outstanding reviewer award from FGCS'17. He also received grants from OSDI'20 and USENIX SEC'20.
- Ph.D. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hongkong
- M.Sc. Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
- B.Sc. Central South University, Changsha
System Security, Software Engineering (Blockchain & Mobile)
- Z16312&Y00290 Vulnerability Analysis and Penetration Test (Semester 2, 2021/22 & 2022/23, Instructor@HNU)
- Y00278 Network Attack and Defense Technology (Semester 1, 2022/23, Instructor@HNU)
- Z16167 Information Security Management (Semester 1, 2021/22, Instructor@HNU)
- COMP2322 Computer Networking (Semester 2, 2018/19, TA@PolyU)
- COMP4141 Crowdfunding and E-finance (Semester 1, 2018/19, TA@PolyU)
- COMP3531 IT Entrepreneurship (Semester 2, 2017/18, TA@PolyU)
- COMP3134 Business Intelligence and Customer Relationship (Semester 1, 2017/18, TA@PolyU)
- COMP3233 Software Testing and Quality Assurance (Semester 2, 2016/17, TA@PolyU)
- COMP3334 Computer Systems Security (Semester 1, 2016/17, TA@PolyU)
- 091M5005H Mobile Internet Technology (Semester 2, 2015/16, TA@CAS)
- 715005H High-Performance Computing and Application (Semester 1, 2015/16, TA@CAS)
- 712050H&712053H Advanced Operating System I&II (Semester 2, 2014/15, TA@CAS)
- 711011H Information Security Engineering (Semester 1, 2014/15, TA@CAS)
- Hainan High-Level Talent Program, Hainan Province, 2021.
- ESI Hot Paper, Clarivate Analytics, 2021.
- ESI Highly Cited Paper, Clarivate Analytics, 2020.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2018.
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience (ISPEC), 2017.
- Best Paper Award, China Computer Federation (CCF) Technical Committee on Blockchain, 2018.
- Outstanding Reviewer, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), 2017.
- Annual Global Top-50 Blockchain Research Paper, SV Insight, 2018.
- Award of Faculty Teaching Contest, School of Cyberspace Security (SCS-HNU), 2022.
- Registration Grant, USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI), 2020.
- Registration Grant, USENIX Security Symposium (SEC), 2020.
- Excellent Thesis Award, Central South University, 2013.
- Outstanding Graduate of Hunan Province, Hunan Provincial Education Department, 2013.
- Award of GreatWall Computer Software Development Contest, CCF, 2013.
- National Scholarships of China, PR China’s Ministry of Education, 2009-2013.
Selected Publications | More in Google Scholar
AuthROS: Secure Data Sharing Among Robot Operating Systems Based on Ethereum [PDF]
Shenhui Zhang, Wenkai Li, Xiaoqi Li* (Corresponding author), Boyi Liu*
[The 22nd IEEE International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability, and Security, 2022 (QRS'22)]
A Survey of DeFi Security: Challenges and Opportunities [PDF]
Wenkai Li, Jiuyang Bu, Xiaoqi Li* (Corresponding author), Hongli Peng, Yuanzheng Niu, Yuqing Zhang
[Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, 2022 (JKSU'22)]
Security Analysis of DeFi: Vulnerabilities, Attacks and Advances [PDF]
Wenkai Li, Jiuyang Bu, Xiaoqi Li* (Corresponding author), Xianyi Chen
[The 5th IEEE International Conference on Blockchain, 2022 (Blockchain'22)]
A Survey on 3D Printer Security Defense Technology
Jiayuan Zhang, Xin Zheng, Mengyue Feng, Xiaoqi Li, Gaofei Wu, Xinghua Li
[Security and Communication Networks, 2022 (SCN'22)]
GasChecker: Scalable Analysis for Discovering Gas-Inefficient Smart Contracts [PDF]
Ting Chen, Youzheng Feng, Zihao Li, Hao Zhou, Xiapu Luo*, Xiaoqi Li, Xiuzhuo Xiao, Jiachi Chen, and Xiaosong Zhang
[IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2021 (TETC'21)]
CLUE: Towards Discovering Locked Cryptocurrencies in Ethereum [PDF]
Xiaoqi Li, Ting Chen, Xiapu Luo*, Chenxu Wang
[The 36th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing, 2021 (SAC'21)]
A Survey on the Security of Blockchain Systems [PDF]
(ESI Hot Paper & Highly Cited Paper)
Xiaoqi Li, Peng Jiang, Ting Chen, Xiapu Luo*, Qiaoyan Wen
[Future Generation Computer Systems, 2020 (FGCS'20)]
Characterizing Erasable Accounts in Ethereum [PDF]
Xiaoqi Li, Ting Chen, Xiapu Luo*, Jiangshan Yu
[The 23rd Information Security Conference, 2020 (ISC'20)]
STAN: Towards Describing Bytecodes of Smart Contract [PDF]
Xiaoqi Li, Ting Chen, Xiapu Luo*, Tao Zhang, Le Yu, Zhou Xu
[The 20th IEEE International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability and Security, 2020 (QRS'20)]
Understanding Ethereum via Graph Analysis [PDF]
(Best Paper Award)
Ting Chen, Yuxiao Zhu, Zihao Li, Jiachi Chen, Xiaoqi Li, Xiapu Luo*, Xiaodong Lin, Xiaosong Zhang
[IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, 2018 (INFOCOM'18)]
Towards Saving Money in Using Smart Contracts [PDF]
Ting Chen, Zihao Li, Hao Zhou, Jiachi Chen, Xiaoqi Li, Xiapu Luo*, and Xiaosong Zhang
[New Ideas and Emerging Results Track at the 40th International Conference on Software Engineering, 2018 (ICSE-NIER'18)]
System-Level Attacks against Android by Exploiting Asynchronous Programming [PDF]
Ting Chen, Xiaoqi Li, Xiapu Luo, Xiaosong Zhang
[Software Quality Journal, 2018 (SQJ'18)]
An Adaptive Gas Cost Mechanism for Ethereum to Defend Against Under-Priced DoS Attacks [PDF]
(Best Paper Award)
Ting Chen, Xiaoqi Li, Ying Wang, Jiachi Chen, Xiapu Luo*, Man Ho Au, Xiaosong Zhang
[International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience, 2017 (ISPEC'17)]
Under-optimized Smart Contracts Devour Your Money [PDF]
(SV-Insight Annual Global Top-50 Blockchain Paper)
Ting Chen, Xiaoqi Li, Xiapu Luo*, Xiaosong Zhang
[The International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering, 2017 (SANER'17)]
On Discovering Vulnerabilities in Android Applications [PDF]
Xiaoqi Li, Le Yu, Xiapu Luo
[Mobile Security and Privacy: Advances, Challenges and Future Research Directions, Elsevier, 2017 (Elsevier'17)]
An Android Vulnerability Detection System
Jiayuan Zhang, Yao Yao, Xiaoqi Li, Jian Xie, Gaofei Wu
[International Conference on Network and System Security, 2017 (NSS'17)]
Automatically Exploiting System of Kernel Privilege Escalation Vulnerabilities Based on Imitating Attack
Xiaoqi Li, Qixu Liu, Yuqing Zhang
[Journal of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015 (JUCAS'15)]
An Intelligent Media Delivery Prototype System with Low Response Time
Jinzhong Hou, Tiejian Luo, Zhu Wang, Xiaoqi Li
[International Conference on Swarm Intelligence, 2015 (ICSI'15)]
Survey of Android Vulnerability Detection
Yuqing Zhang, Zhejun Fang, Kai Wang, Zhiqiang Wang, Hongzhou Yue, Qixu Liu, Yuan He, Xiaoqi Li, Gang Yang
[Journal of Computer Research and Development, 2015 (JCRD'15)]
Design and Implementation of the Intranet Terminal Security Protection System for Chinese Academy of Sciences
Hongzhou Yue, Hao Wang, Yuqing Zhang, Xiaoqi Li
[E-Science Technology & Application, 2014 (ESTA'14)]
Design and Implementation of Linux Kernel Privilege Escalation Vulnerabilities Automatically Exploiting System
Xiaoqi Li, Qixu Liu, Yuqing Zhang
[Conference on Vulnerability Analysis and Risk Assessment, 2013 (VARA'13)]
Hybrid Analysis of Smart Contracts and Malicious Behaviors in Ethereum
[The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Thesis)]
- Frontiers in Blockchain Technologies
- International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Blockchain (SPB), 2022
- International Conference on Big Data and Blockchain (ICBDB), 2022
- International Symposium on Fintech and Blockchain Systems (FBS), 2022
- Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII)
- IEEE Software (SW)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC)
- Information Sciences
- Security and Communication Networks (SCN)
- Blockchain: Research and Applications (BCRA)
- International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (FC), 2021
- International Conference on Dependable Systems and Their Applications (DSA), 2021
- Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2020
- International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS), 2020
- Discovered Vulnerabilities: 4 CVEs; 11 CNVDs.
- Xiaoqi Li, Ting Chen, Xiapu Luo, Peng Jiang. POSTER: Investigating the Security of Blockchain Systems. Master of Abstraction Forum, Laureates of Mathematics and Computer Science, PolyU, Hong Kong, 2018.